We're changing the way you eat burgers forever!
• 2 ready made supermarket beef burgers
• 120g Grated Cheese
• 2 slices of burger cheese
• 4 rashers of bacon
• 1 beef tomato, sliced
• 4-6 sliced gherkins
• 100g mushrooms
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 sprigs thyme
• Shredded iceberg lettuce
• Sauces for serving like mustard, ketchup, mayo, chilli
• sauce etc
1. Start by flattening out the burger patty and then place an empty tin in the middle and push it into the burgers to make a circular indent. This is to create the bowl shape. Push the circle down with the fingers so the meat is thin at the bottom and the sides are high, like a bowl. Wrap the bacon around the outside of the burger and at the ends, push into the meat to hold together.
2. In a pan melt a knob of butter and add to this the crushed garlic, the leaves from the thyme and the sliced mushrooms. Cook down on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Start filling the burger bowls. First the mushroom mixture, then the grated cheese, followed by the gherkins and the sliced tomato. Top with the slices of burger cheese.
4. Wrap the uncooked bacon around the outside of the meat bowls.
5. Place on a baking tray and under the grill for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Whilst this is cooking shred the lettuce and mix with a couple of the sauces you love. We used mustard, ketchup, mayo and tabasco. Serve along side the burger bowl when cooked.