Finally, the most important Christmas foods in one. World, meet mulled wine bundt cake. In partnership with Tesco.
• For the sugared cranberries:
• 400 grams caster sugar, divided
• 340 grams fresh cranberries
• For the cake:
• 200 grams unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
• 200 grams dark muscovado sugar
• 100 grams light brown sugar
• 200 grams black treacle
• 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
• 200 grams plain flour
• 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon allspice
• 50 ml red wine
• Zest 1 orange, plus longer strips for decorating
• 225 ml natural yoghurt
• For the red wine glaze:
• 225 grams dark chocolate, finely chopped
• 115 grams unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 65 grams icing sugar
• 125 ml red wine (such as Pinot Noir)
1. To make the sugared cranberries, combine 100 grams sugar and 100 ml water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in cranberries until well coated.
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to wire rack; let dry for at least 1 hour.
3. Working in batches, roll cranberries in remaining sugar until well coated; let dry for at least 1 hour.
4. For the cake, heat the oven to 180°C / fan160°C. Generously grease a 1.5 litre bundt tin. Heat the butter, sugars and treacle gently in a pan until the butter and sugar have melted. Beat in the eggs then
5. sift the flour, bicarb and spices into a large bowl. Pour in the sugar/butter mixture and stir to combine, then stir in the red wine, orange zest and yoghurt until combined. Pour into the greased bundt tin.
6. Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7. For the glaze, heat the chocolate and butter in a bain marie until melted. Take off the heat and whisk in the salt and icing sugar. Bring the wine just to a boil in a small saucepan and then whisk into the chocolate mixture; let cool until slightly thickened.
8. Glaze the bundt with the icing and top with the sugared cranberries and long strips of orange zest.