Everything you could possible want for a full English breakfast!
• 5-6 slices of cheese, you can pick what you like best
• 3 rashers of bacon
• 2-3 eggs plus a bit of egg wash
• 320 grams ready rolled flaky pastry
• 3 chipalata sausages
• 200 grams baked beans
• 250 grams heritage tomatoes
• 3-4 slices of white bread, for frying
• Plain flour for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lay out the sheet of pastry with a dusting of flour, and roll thinly, to create a square.Place on a flat baking tray.
2. Layer the cheese slices at the bottom so it works as a seal, and spread the beans over the cheese, leaving a 1.5 inch gap around the edge. Halve the sausages and place them on the beans. Next place your bacon on top.
3. Carefully fold up the sides of the pastry to create a slightly more circular shape than before. Place in the oven for 14 minutes.
4. At this stage, carefully take it out of the oven and turn the meat over. Make space in the cheese and beans area to crack the eggs into. Cut the tomatoes into halves and add on top. Place back in the oven for 8 minutes, until the meat is cooked through.
5. While you are waiting, heat vegetable oil in a pan and once hot enough, fry the bread, just for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. Serve along with the galette.