Breakfast of champions.
• 200 grams baby potatoes, halved
• 6 sausages, skinned and rolled into bite sized meatballs
• You should get 4 meatballs per sausage:
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tablespoon tomato puree
• Salt and pepper
• 2 tins plum tomatoes
• 1 tin haricot beans
• 4 eggs
• Olive oil
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees/ 180 fan
2. Boil your potatoes in salted water for about 10 minutes, until cooked through
3. While the spuds are boiling, using a large sautee pan, brown your sausage meatballs all over. Once browned, remove from the pan and set aside. This should take about 5 minutes on a high heat
4. Using the same pan, add in your onions and fry until they start to go translucent, about ten minutes. Then add in your sugar and spices and thyme leaves, stir through to mix, then add your tomato puree, and stir through again. Then add in your plum tomatoes and haricot beans. If you are using whole plum tomatoes, break them down with a spoon as much as you can. Cook this mix for another ten minutes. Before pouring it into a large casserole dish.
5. Add in your potatoes and sausage meatballs, stir through, and pop into the oven, uncovered, for 35 minutes. When the time is up, remove the dish from the oven, and make 4 wells within the sauce, in which to put a cracked egg. Cover with foil and place back into the oven for another 15 minutes. Check that the eggs are cooked through before removing from the oven. Once they're done, let it cool slightly before serving.