Jen makes garlic bread classy AF.
• For the dough:
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast (one packet)
• 1 1/4 cup warm milk
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• For the filling:
• 1 head of garlic, peeled and minced
• 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup parmesan, grated
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1. In a bowl, combine warm milk, yeast, and sugar. Once the mixture becomes foamy, gradually mix in the flour and salt. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Cover and allow the dough to rise for 1 hour in a warm spot.
2. Meanwhile, make the filling: combine all ingredients in a bowl, except the mozzarella. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to form a rectangle.
4. Spread the filling over the dough and make sure to leave an inch around the edges. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
5. Roll the dough into a log lengthwise. Slice the roll in half lengthwise leaving one end (about 1 inch) intact. Twist the two sides into a braid, while trying to keep the cut sides facing up.
6. Grease a loaf pan and place the braided dough inside. Cover and allow to rise again for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover, brush with olive oil, and bake for about 30-35 minutes.