How to make Black Roasted Sesame & Purple Basil Vegan Ice Cream.
• 400 grams Cashews- Soaked for 2-3 hours
• 100 grams Roasted Sesame Seeds - Soaked for 2-3 hours
• 400 grams (1 tin ) Full fat Coconut milk
• 40 grams Maple syrup or honey
• 300 grams Silken Tofu
• 200 milliliters Almond Milk
• Large handful of purple or Thai basil leaves - Lightly crushed or bruised
1. Begin by soaking both your cashews and sesame seeds for as long as possible and a minimum of two hours, this way it will make for a smoother less grainy ice cream.
2. Once drained, blitz cashews and sesame seeds until you have a smooth pastes. Next add in all remaining ingredients into the food processor and blitz until you have a well combined and fairly runny light grey consistency. Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn for around 35-45 minutes. Alternatively place in a bowl in the freezer and whisk ever half an hour or so for about 3 hours or until smooth and frozen.