Combine two of the best desserts ever created
• For the chocolate sauce:
• 70 grams dark chocolate, melted
• 40 grams unsalted butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 150 milliliters double cream
• 50 grams caster sugar
• For the compote:
• 200 grams black frozen cherries
• 150 grams mixed frozen berries
• 2 tablespoons water
• 2 heaped tablespoon soft brown sugar
• For the rest:
• Vanilla ice cream
• Chocolate ice cream
• 80 grams morello cherries
• Chocolate cake or brownie bites
• Dark chocolate for decorating
• Glace cherries for decorating
1. Start my making the berry compote. Put all the berries into a large pan on a medium high heat and add the sugar and a little water, all if needed. Let the berries cook down, stirring to make sure it isn't sticking. When the liquid has thickened and evaporated slightly, take off the heat and allow to chill completely until thick and sticky.
2. Meanwhile make the chocolate sauce, melt the butter in a small pan with the sugar. Once the sugar has dissolved add the cream, vanilla and stir through the melted chocolate. Once all well combined take off the heat and allow to cool.
3. Start layering up the sundae however you like, finish with a glacier cherry and grating over the chocolate. Save any chocolate sauce and compote in the fridge for another day.