How to make Black Cherry Crème Brûlée.
• 200 milliliters double (heavy) cream
• 300 grams thick Greek yoghurt
• 215 grams drained, tinned, pitted black cherries
• 2 tablespoons juice/syrup reserved
• 1 tablespoon cassis, cherry brandy or kirsch
• 70 grams demerara (raw) sugar
1. Whip the cream until just past the soft peak stage, so it's thick but not quite stiff.
2. Fold it into the yoghurt until it's smooth and well incorporated.
3. Put the cherries (or fresh raspberries and cherries), the reserved juice and the alcohol into the bottom of an oven/grill-proof serving dish and stir to coat.
4. Top with the yoghurt and cream mixture and scatter over the sugar in an even layer.
5. Place under a hot grill (or use a blow torch) to toast the sugar until it's bubbling and bruleed - its individual grains should have melded into a hot molten layer. DO NOT test it with your finger.
6. Leave for at least 20 minutes, until it's completely set and cooled, and chill until you are ready to serve.