Forget the golden arches, Jack's mac is bigger and better
• 400 grams beef mince
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 3 sesame seed burger buns
• 1 white onion, finely chopped
• 1 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
• 2 slices burger cheese
• 2 large pickles, thinly sliced
• Big Mac sauce:
• 300 grams mayonnaise
• 2 gherkins
• 2 teaspoons white vinegar
• Pinch of white pepper
• 2 teaspoons American burger mustard
• 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
1. Mix all of the big mac sauce ingredients with a whisk and set aside.
2. Take the minced beef, mould into a ball and press out into burgers.
3. Slice the burger buns to leave a top, a bottom and a middle piece and toast until golden brown.
4. Fry the burgers until just cooked.
5. Assemble the Big Mac by placing the sauce on the bottom bun, topped with diced onion, lettuce, 1 patty, a slice of cheese and diced gherkin. Place the middle bun on top of the patty, repeat the process and top with the bun.