Biang Biang Mian - your new favourite noodle recipe.
• 300g all purpose flour or bread flour
• 2g salt
• 130- 140ml water
• 1 tbsp black vinegar
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• A few heaped tbsp of homemade chilli oil (chilli flakes, crushed Asian chilli pepper flakes, vegetable oil that has been infused with star anise, cinnamon and Sichuan peppercorns)
• Pak choy
• Green shallots
1. Add ingredients in a bowl and incorporated. It will be a tough dough. Remove from the bowl and knead until it becomes smooth. Wrap and rest for 20 mins.
2. Roll into a log, cut in half and divide into six.
3. Oil the bench. With a rolling pin press out into a rectangle shape. From here you can begin to pull the noodles, slapping them on the bench and gradually stretching them.
4. When thin enough spit the noodle down the middle.
5. Place the noodles into a pot of boiling salted water, until cooked. Put the pak choy in there with the noodles.
6. When cooked transfer into a wok along with your chilli oil and green shallots and toss or stir.