This stunning risotto is as good as it looks!
• 600 milliliters veg stock
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 200 grams risotto rice
• 1 glass dry white wine
• 1 knob butter
• 150 grams cooked beetroot
• 50 grams parmesan cheese
• 150 grams goats cheese
• 1 bag rocket
1. Heat olive oil over low heat and gently fry onion and garlic until soft. Add rice and increase heat.
2. When rice is translucent add wine and reduce. Turn down the heat.
3. Slowly add ladleful's of stock and stir to massage it into the rice. Add salt and pepper throughout to taste.
4. Blitz cooked beetroot in processor until a puree is made.
5. Once rice is cooked through still with a little bite, stir through the beetroot puree. Add the knob of butter and parmesan and stick a lid on. Don't touch for 3 minutes.
6. While waiting for the risotto to finish, pull apart blobs of goat's cheese.
7. Fold in the rocket throughout the risotto and allow to wilt slightly.
8. Serve with blobs of goat's cheese and another twist of pepper.