Meatballs and onion rings combined to make your new favourite BBQ snack! Wrapped in bacon and covered in BBQ sauce, this is the dream combo!
• 2 large onions
• 400g beef mince
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 egg
• Few sprigs of parsley leaves, chopped
• 16 rashers streaky bacon
• BBQ sauce
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c.
2. Peel the skin from the onions then cut off the tops and bottoms. Peel away the large outer layers and set aside.
3. Finely chop up some of the remaining onion and place in a large bowl. Add to this the mince, garlic, egg, parsley and a generous amount of seasoning. Mix together well then divide into 4 balls. Encase each ball between two large onion pieces, doing your best to fully enclose the meat. Wrap each ball with streaky bacon and secure each end with cocktail sticks.
4. Transfer to a lined baking tray and cook for 40 minutes. Brush with BBQ sauce and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, remove the cocktail sticks and serve right away.