A classic dessert re imagined as a pasta dish.
• 3 medium eggs
• 250 grams '00' flour
• 25 grams caster sugar
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 tablespoons soft light brown sugar
• To decorate:
• Digestive biscuits, crushed
• Pistachios, crushed
• Caramel sauce
• Whipped double cream, very soft
1. In a bowl combine together the flour and sugar and create a well in the centre. Pour in the eggs and bring the mixture together with a wooden spoon.
2. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it becomes a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest for 20-30 minutes.
3. Melt together the butter and brown sugar in a pan over a medium/low heat. Add the bananas and coat them for a few minutes in the caramel. Take off the heat.
4. Roll out the rested dough into a long rectangle about 1-2mm thick. Wide enough to fit 2, 3inch cookie cutters. Cut the dough in half lengthways.
5. Add a tablespoon of the caramel bananas at intervals to allow enough space for the cookie cutter. Brush around the bananas with milk and lay the other half of the dough on top and press around the bananas to glue the two doughs together.
6. Cut around the filling with the cookie cutter to create the ravioli. Cook in a pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
7. Serve in a bowl with softly whipped double cream and caramel sauce. Top with the remaining caramel bananas and garnish with crushed digestives and pistachios. Enjoy :D