Banana, coconut and caramel combine to create this elegant and seductive dessert
• Light brown sugar 150g
• Butter (cubed) 125g
• Water 1 tablespoon
• Salt 1/4 teaspoon
• Cinnamon (powder) 1/2 teaspoon
• Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
• Orange zest 1 orange
• Bananas (firm) 5 each
• Puff Pastry Fit for vessel
• Vanilla Ice Cream Optional
• Grated coconut Optional
1. Heat oven to 180C.
2. In a skillet, heat up brown sugar, once it begins to caramelise, stir in butter.
3. Butter is likely to separate, add a spoon of water to re-emulsify the caramel.
4. To the mixture, add salt, cinnamon, and vanilla, once properly incorporated, finish with orange zest.
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the caramel mixture into cupcake mould, ramekins, or individual cylindrical silicon moulds.
6. Slice bananas crosswise into into 1 centimeter rounds and arrange them into moulds tucking the edges to the sides, and leaving room on top for the pastry.
7. Cut pastry into the shape and shape to the mould's top, then place on top of the bananas
8. Place in to oven for 20-25 minutes, until puff pastry puff and is golden brown.
9. Allow tart to rest for 5 minutes, and turn it over onto a tray.
10. Serve with vanilla ice cream and grated coconut