We've combined all our favourite sandwiches to bring you the dish you didn't know you were waiting for. Crispy bacon, crunchy peanut butter and all the banana!
• 55ml vegetable oil
• 3 medium (and very ripe) bananas
• 110g caster sugar
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 225g plain flour
• 3 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
• 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
• 1 banana, sliced
1. Make the loaf: preheat the oven to 190C. Line the base and sides of a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Place the oil in a large bowl. Slice the bananas into the bowl and add the sugar. Mash with a fork until nearly smooth then stir in the eggs.
3. Sieve together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder then quickly fold into the banana mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 45-1 hour until well risen and golden. Cool for 5 minutes then remove from the tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
6. Make the sandwich: add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat then add the bacon rashers. Cook for 4 minutes each side until crispy and golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
7. Slice two pieces of banana bread from the loaf about 1 1/2cm thick. Spread one slice with half of the peanut butter then top with the bacon and some extra banana slices. Spread the other half of the peanut butter onto the second slice of bread, then top your sandwich (peanut butter side down).
8. Add a knob of butter the the frying pan then add your sandwich. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and toasted. The peanut butter should ooze and melt.
9. Serve right away.