Delicious baked sea bass with soy & spring onion.
• 1 x sea bass
• 1 lemon, sliced into rings, remove skin and rind
• 2 red onions, quartered
• Thumb of ginger, peeled, julienned
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon cooking oil
• 1 spring onion, finely sliced white and green bits
• 6 tablespoons soy sauce, good quality
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon chilli sauce (sriracha)
• 1 spring onion, thinly sliced lengthways
1. Preheat oven to 180.
2. Clean the fish or ask your fish monger to scale and gut it. Drizzle a little cooking oil on the surface of a baking tray, place the fish on it and stuff the gut with ginger. Place the lemon rings on the skin and scatter onion quarters around the fish. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by heating a pan with cooking oil. Sweat off the finely sliced spring onion for about a minute. Then add the soy sauce, cider vinegar, sugar and chilli sauce in the same pot, mixing well and bring to a gentle boil.
4. Once the fish is cooked, pour the dressing over and garnish with fresh thinly sliced lengths of spring onion. Serve with steamed rice and fried greens.