Pimp your bananas with all the sweet treats
• Serves 2
• 2 large bananas, peeled, halved lengthways
• 15 grams butter, chopped
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• Vanilla ice-cream
• Squirty cream
• Handful roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
• Sprinkles, to serve
• 100 grams dark chocolate, chopped
• 100 milliliters double cream
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Place the bananas, cut side-up, in a baking tray. Place the butter and sugar in a pan over a medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Pour over the bananas and bake in the hot oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the chocolate and cream in a saucepan over a medium-low heat. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until melted and smooth. Remove the bananas from the oven and top with scoops of ice-cream and squirty cream. Drizzle with the chocolate sauce, scatter over the peanuts and decorate with your choice of sprinkles.