Because bacon makes everything better
• 8 rashers of streaky smoked bacon, plus extra for serving
• 1 sachet of dried yeast
• 210 milliliters warm water
• 1 teaspoon runny honey
• 350 grams strong white flours
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 60 milliliters Oil
• 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
• Chilli Jam
• 3 garlic cloves
• 3 red peppers
• 5 red chillies
• Thumb size piece of ginger
• 300 grams caster sugar
• 100 milliliters cider vinegar
• To serve
• Lime wedges
• Natural yoghurt
1. Start by cooking off the bacon in a frying pan. Remove, and finely chop 8 rashes, and set aside for later.
2. To make the naan breads mix the yeast with the honey and the water. Set aside until it starts to bubble.
3. Meanwhile mix the flour and the salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the the middle of the flour mix and add in the half the yeast mix, oil and the yoghurt. Gradually add in the wet mix to the flour and knead together, when it has just come together, mix in the lardons and continue kneading into a soft smooth dough. Set aside for around an 1-1 1/2 hours so it's doubled in size.
4. To make the chilli sauce: Roughly chop the chillies and the peppers and add both to a food processor until they are finely chopped.
5. Place the sugar and vinegar in a small sauce pan and cook on a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and it starters to go syrupy. Then all in the red mix from the food processor giving it a good stir. Finely grate in the garlic and the ginger and season with a pinch of salt and pepper and let this cook for a few more minutes so it goes syrupy. Turn the heat down and let this cook away for 10 minutes or so until it is thickened and a deep red colour.
6. Once the dough is ready roll into 8 portions and then flatten out and place in a hot frying pan for 3-4 minutes on each side, until bubbles have appeared and the flat is charred. Spread over some bacon fat and then on one side of the naan spread on a layer of chilli jam, yoghurt and fill with the remaining bacon. Serve with the chilli jam, yoghurt and a lime wedge on the side.