Thought we couldn't improve cinnamon rolls? Think again!
• 3 packets cinnamon roll dough
• 12 slices streaky bacon
• 150g demerara sugar
• 100g icing sugar
• 30ml maple syrup
1. Start by cooking the bacon; fry the streaky bacon slices in a pan with a little vegetable oil until crispy. Remove from the pan and roll immediately in the demerara sugar. Set aside.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
3. Unroll the cinnamon roll doughs and place on a surface. Cut in half lengthways and widthways, so make 4 long rectangles. Place a piece of bacon on each strip and fold in half so that the dough sandwiches the bacon. Roll up from one side to make a spiral and place into a greased muffin tin. Repeat until all of the holes are filled then sprinkle with a little more demerara sugar.
4. Place into the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes then remove and leave the buns to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
5. To make the icing, mix together the icing sugar and maple syrup and place in a piping bag then pipe over the still warm buns just before serving.