Avocado is getting involved in all your favourite desserts! We present to you, the Avocado Meringue Pie
• 250 grams Ginger biscuits
• 50 grams desiccated coconut
• 120 grams unsalted Butter
• For the filling:
• 3 ripe avocados
• 3 limes, juice and zest
• 1/2 tin of condensed milk
• 90 grams coconut oil, melted
• Toasted coconut chips for decoration
• Meringue topping:
• 3 fresh egg whites
• 120 milliliters sugar syrup
1. Melt the butter and leave to cool whilst you blitz the ginger snaps and lightly toast the coconut in a small pan. Mix everything together in a small bowl. And place the bottom of a suitable tin. I use a rectangular one. Remember to grease it if needed.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the avocado flesh with an electric whisk, beat together the filling ingredients and when smooth and silk, pour into the tin. Place in the fridge to set overnight.
3. When it comes to making the meringues by beating the eggs into soft peaks and then turning up the speed and slowly pouring in the sugar syrup. Keep whisking until it is smooth and silky and glossy and sticky.
4. Place in a piping bag and decorate the top of the pie in whatever design you want. Blow torch the top to impress your friends.