Who knew you could make chips using avocado?!
• 2 limes
• 3 Avocado (under ripe)
• 3 Eggs
• 150 grams Flour
• 100 grams bread crumbs (I use panko)
• Salt & Pepper
1. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl (for dipping the avocado into later) also prepare a bowl with flour and another with the bread crumbs for later.
2. Preheat oven to 190C.
3. Line a large baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
4. Slice the avocados in half, remove pits, and then carefully peel away skin.
5. Slice flesh lengthways into slices which are just under 1 centimeter in thickness.
6. Drizzle the avocado slices in lime juice to stop them from browning and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper. (The lime juice also helps the flour stick to them.)
7. NOTE: The process is to dip avocado in the flour first, then the eggs, then the bread crumbs. However it is much easier to do this process in a big batch then attempting to do every slice individually. (This is because your hands get too sticky and you end up in a big mess.)
8. Dip all the avocado slices in the flour and set aside.
9. Then dip all the "floured" avocado slices in the beaten egg mixture... set aside.
10. Finally dip all the slices in the bread crumb mixture (making sure they are evenly coated) and set on the baking tray.
11. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the breadcrumbs have turned a pale golden colour.
12. Serve with your favourite dips, I like having mine with mayonnaise but it's also nice to have them with hot sauce!