A delicious frittata with asparagus, ricotta cheese and peas.
• 300 grams Asparagus
• 6 eggs, beaten
• 100 grams frozen petits pois, thawed
• 50 grams ricotta
• Handful of mint leaves
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
1. Firstly get your griddle pan really hot. While this is heating, snap the bottom woody part of the stem off of your asparagus, then place them on the griddle, turning every so often, they should take about 4 minutes to cook through. When they're cooked, cut each stalk into thirds. Turn on your grill so that it can heat up.
2. In a 20 centimeters frying pan, heat a little olive oil, then pour in your eggs, then tumble in your asparagus and peas, season with salt and pepper and give it all a mix, then cook on a low heat for 10 minutes so that the bottom is firm but not burnt.
3. Once you can see that the egg is nearly cooked, dollop on your ricotta cheese over the top of the frittata, then put it under the grill. You want to see the top of the frittata turn a nice golden colour, it will also rise up beautifully, this should take about 5 - 7 minutes
4. Once done, remove from the grill and loosen the sides of the frittata from the pan, using a palette knife or a spatula, then slip onto a serving plate. Before cutting, sprinkle with a handful of nice mint leaves.