Such a good use of apple that Steve Jobs would be proud
• 50 grams butter
• 50 grams sugar
• 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
• 3 apples, cored and sliced into thin wedges
• 1 sheet ready roll puff pastry
• 150 grams blackberries
• 25 grams ground almonds
• 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 180 fan/200.
2. Melt your butter in a large frying pan, add in sugar and vanilla seeds and pod, then tumble in your apple slices, cook for 5 minutes until slightly softened, then set aside to cool.
3. Unroll your puff pastry sheet, and score around the edge of the pastry, about 1 inch in, making sure not to cut all the way through.
4. Place your apple slices in the middle of the pastry, then dot on your blackberries. Drizzle all the fruit with the leftover melted butter and sugar, then sprinkle on the ground almonds.
5. Finally, brush your beaten egg around the edge of the pastry, then put into the hot oven for 30 - 35 minutes. The edges should have risen and turned golden brown, and the fruit should be soft.