This cheesecake is a real delight! Get it?
• 300 grams digestive biscuits
• 200 grams dark chocolate, melted
• 66 gram pack chocolate pudding whip (Angel Delight)
• 150 millilitres milk
• 300 millilitres double cream
• 400 grams cream cheese
• 150 grams milk chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
• 2 (13 gram) sachets of gelatine, dissolved in 100 millilitres of warm water
• 2 medium bananas, thinly sliced
• 100 grams store bought salted caramel sauce
• 250 millilitres double cream
• 125 grams mascarpone
• 3 tablespoons icing sugar
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Make the base: line a 20 centimetre, loose-bottomed cake tin. Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz into crumbs. Pour the melted chocolate onto the biscuit crumbs and blitz again. Spread the biscuit mixture across the base of the cake tin and place into the fridge for 15 minutes to cool.
2. Make the cheesecake: place the milk, cream cheese and cream into a bowl and sprinkle over the chocolate pudding powder. Whisk with a hand whisk until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and gelatine. Whisk again until smooth and slightly thickened, then set aside.
3. Take the tin out of the fridge and spread the salted caramel sauce over the base. Cover the caramel with the banana slices. Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the top and smooth the top with a palette knife. Place into the fridge for at least 4 hours.
4. To finish: whip the cream, mascarpone, and sugar together in another bowl until it forms soft peaks. Transfer to a large piping bag with a wide, round nozzle (about 2 centimetres).
5. Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and pipe the cream, in blobs, over the cheesecake. Dust with cocoa powder and serve.