No Alligators were harmed in the making of this dish!
• 350 grams squid ink spaghetti
• 4 tablespoons pesto
• 4-5 ripe avocados
• 2-4 cloves garlic
• 2 limes
• Glug of good olive oil
• 30 grams fresh basil
• Pinch salt & pepper
• Parmesan, to garnish
1. Put your pasta to cook in a large pan of boiling, salted water.
2. While that's on the hob scoop out the flesh of your avocados and add to a food processor.
3. Add the lime juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil and pesto. Blend until smooth.
4. Add ladleful of the starchy pasta water to the avocado sauce and mix again. You might be able to drain the pasta at this point. Make sure you cook it al dente and don't over cook it.
5. Add the finished avocado sauce to the drained pasta and mix to make sure it's evenly coated.
6. Serve in a large dish and top it with a few extra basil leaves and a grating of parmesan.