Chicken Cacciatore is the perfect one-pan meal for all the family
• 8 chicken thighs and legs
• 500 milliliters red wine
• 2 bay leaves
• Small bunch of thyme
• 1 tin of tomatoes
• 8 anchovy fillets
• 150 grams large purple olives
• Handful of caperberries
1. In a large casserole dish or something similar, heat a
2. Glug of olive oil on a medium heat. Once hot add in the chicken, skin side down to brown. This will take a few minutes.
3. Once brown, push the chicken to one side of the pot,
4. Turn the heat down and cook off the garlic and anchovies for a minute or so. Then place the chicken back in the centre of the pan and add in the wine and the herbs.
5. Let this come up to a rolling boil and let this simmer for about 10 minutes until reduced.
6. At this point add in the tomatoes, the olives and the caper berries and let this cook down for about 40 minutes.Serve with a bean salad or a good chunk of crusty bread.