Spice up your life with these epic Indian-inspired fish fingers. Delicious.
• 1 white fish fillet, skinless & boneless cut into fingers (approx.
• 1/4 lime, juiced
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• 1/2 shallot
• Small handful fresh coriander
• 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sugar
• Plain flour for dusting
• 2 eggs, beaten with a splash of water
• 2 slices white bread made into breadcrumbs, seasoned with
• Salt, turmeric, paprika and chilli flakes
• Sunflower oil for frying
1. Sprinkle salt over the fish fingers. Using a food
2. Processor, grind together the remaining ingredients
3. Apart from those listed under 'coating', along with a
4. Little water to make a smooth paste.
5. Marinate the fish fingers in this paste for 30 minutes.
6. Place the flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into 3 separate
8. Dip each finger into the flour, shake off any excess and
9. Then dip into the beaten eggs, followed by the bread-
11. Shallow fry in oil for 3-4 minutes on one side until crisp and
12. Golden. Then repeat on the other side.