Millefeuille is French for 'a thousand layers'. You'll enjoy every single one
• 1 Sheet of Ready Rolled Puff Pastry (375g)
• 300 milliliters Double Cream
• 1 Vanilla Pod
• Punnet of Strawberries
• 1 teaspoon Sugar
• Icing Sugar & Caster sugar for prep, decoration
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scatter on caster sugar.
2. Lay over the puff pastry and trim the edges if necessary.
3. Scatter more caster sugar over the top and cover with parchment paper. Lay another heavy baking tray on top (lined with a weight such as a pie dish) and bake for 25m at 180c or until the whole base is golden.
4. Take the pastry out and dust with icing sugar and cut into even rectangles (you will be able to make 6).
5. Whip the cream with a scraped vanilla pod and a teaspoon of caster sugar. Hull & quarter your strawberries.
6. Lay down one rectangle of pastry and pipe on dots of whipped cream, leaving gaps that you can fill with your strawberries. Repeat this topping with a second layer and then add a third rectangle as a lid.