This retro breakfast item is taken to the next level with some tartestry!
• 490 grams Plain Flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon Caster sugar
• 225 grams Unsalted Butter, cold
• 4 - 5 tablespoons Ice Water
• Strawberry Jam
• Smooth Peanut Butter
• 240 grams Icing Sugar
• 2-4 tablespoons Milk
1. Sift together the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl.
2. Add in the cubed butter and work between your fingers until the mixture resembles a fine breadcrumb.
3. Slowly pour in the water until the dough clumps together. Split the dough into two, wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Once chilled, roll out the dough into a rectangle and cut the dough evenly into 8 rectangles.
5. Spoon the jam onto 4 of the rectangles of dough, and top with peanut butter leaving enough room at the edge for a border.
6. Top the pastry with the remaining 4 rectangles, crimp with edges with a fork (trimming off any excess if necessary) and poke some air holes in the top. Place them in the freezer for 15m.
7. Bake at 190C/375F for 25m or until golden. Once cooked, allow to cool.
8. Mix the icing sugar with milk until you have a slightly running consistency. Spread this on the cooled pop tarts and finish with sprinkles.