You've been eating mince pies wrong! Check out these mince pie sandwiches!
• 120g Unsalted Butter, Cold
• 270g Plain Flour
• 25g Sugar
• 25g Vegetable Shortening
• Pinch Salt
• 50ml Ice Water
• Mince Meat
• Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Add the butter, sugar, salt, flour & shortening to a stand mixer and set the speed to low. Keep mixing until the mixture resembles a breadcrumb like texture.
2. Slowly add the ice water, just enough until the dough starts to lump together slightly.
3. Remove the dough from the mixer, split it into two equal size discs, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for an hour.
4. Roll out the chilled dough to the thickness of a pound coin and then using a cookie cutter, cut discs about 2 1/2“ wide.
5. Fill one disc with a heaped teaspoon of mincemeat mixture, lightly egg wash the edge and place another piece of pie dough over the top.
6. Brush with egg wash, a sprinkle of caster sugar and bake at 180C for 15-20m or until golden.
7. Once cooked, allow to cool and then take two pies and sandwich them between a scoop of vanilla ice cream.