Orange you glad we've made this video?
• 2 large eggs
• 60 grams caster sugar
• 60 grams plain flour
• 30 grams unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
• 1/4 teaspoon Zested Orange
• 135 grams Orange Jelly
• 150 milliliters Boiling Water
• 180 grams 70 percent Chocolate
1. Pour the boiling water over the jelly and mix to dissolve. Pour into a shallow tray and allow it to set for an hour in the fridge.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Next gently fold in the flour then melted butter & orange zest.
3. Fill a buttered muffin tin 1/3 full and cook for 7-9m at 160C/320F until a skewer comes out clean.
4. While the cakes are baking, melt the chocolate as this needs to cool and thicken slightly.
5. Once the cakes are cooked, take them out of the pan and allow the to cool, they will pull away from the edges then take them out.
6. Using a cookie cutter, cut out discs of jelly smaller than the size of the cake. Place them on top of the sponge.
7. Gently spoon the cooled chocolate on top and score the top of the cakes with a fork.