Don't get yourself in a knot – give these cinnamon treats a go!
• 350 milliliters Warm Water
• 1 1/2 teaspoon Instant Yeast
• 125 grams Bread Flour
• 375 grams Plain Flour
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
• 470 milliliters Water
• 2 tablespoons Baking Soda
• 55 grams Melted Butter
• 150 grams Sugar
• 3 teaspoons Cinnamon
1. Mix the yeast with the warm water, and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the two flours, brown sugar and salt to a bowl, and slowly pour in the yeast mixture and knead for 5 minutes until you have a soft dough.
3. Put the dough in a bowl and let it rise for 30 minutes.
4. Once the dough has risen, knock the air out and split into 12 chunks. Roll them chunks of dough into long ropes and twist together to make a pretzel shape. Lay them on a baking tray until complete.
5. Boil the water and baking soda together and dip each pretzel into the solution, dry with a towel then place them back on the baking sheet.
6. Bake at 230c for 10 minutes.
7. Once cooked, melt the butter and mix the cinnamon and sugar together in separate bowl.
8. Coat the cooked pretzel in butter and then dip them in the sugar mixture and serve.