A classic dessert is taken to the next level with the help of some sweet ricotta
• 67 grams Unsalted Butter, Soft
• 120 grams Caster Sugar
• 60 grams Bread Flour
• 60 grams Black Treacle
• 2 grams Ground Ginger
• 500 grams Ricotta
• 180 grams Icing Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• Chocolate Chips
1. In a bowl, mix the butter, sugar, flour, treacle and ginger together until you have a dark paste.
2. Roll the mixture into small balls (about 20 grams each) and bake on a baking sheet at 160c for 8-10m or until they have stopped bubbling. Leave enough room for them to spread.
3. Meanwhile mix the ricotta, icing sugar and vanilla together until smooth and put it in the fridge to chill.
4. Once cooked, allow the shells to cool for 3m and then shape onto your cannoli mould until they have completely cooled before removing the mould.
5. Pipe in the ricotta mixture in both sides of the shell and sprinkle with chocolate chips.