Three cheeses are better than one. Trust us.
• 300 grams Risotto Rice
• 1.2 Litres of Chicken Stock
• 2 Shallots
• 100 milliliters White Wine
• 40 grams Parmesan
• 100 grams Mozzarella
• 60 grams Mascarpone
• 150 grams Breadcrumbs
• Flour & Egg to Pane
• Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Chop the shallots and soften with a tablespoon of butter.
2. Add the risotto rice and cook to toast the grains. Next add the white wine and cook for 1-2m until it has completely absorbed.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add a ladle of the stock, allowing the liquid to absorb until adding the next ladle. Cook for about 22m, the rice should be slightly sticky once done.
4. Stir in the parmesan and mascarpone and spread onto a baking sheet and allow to cool in the fridge for an hour.
5. Roll up the cooled rice into balls and poke a cube of mozzarella in the middle.
6. Cover the balls in flour, egg & breadcrumb.
7. Heat a large pan of vegetable oil, it is hot when a few breadcrumbs sprinkled in start to sizzle & float.
8. Cook the balls for 2-3m or until a deep golden colour.