A take on the British classic Eton Mess with a twist.
• 3 Large egg Whites
• 170 grams Caster Sugar
• Lemon (to clean bowl)
• Strawberry sauce:
• 100 grams Strawberries
• 1/2 teaspoon Icing Sugar
• 400 milliliters Double cream
• 400/500 grams Strawberries
• 50 milliliters Pimms (Optional Strawberry Pimms)
• Fresh Mint
1. Clean mixing bowl and whisk with lemon juice.
2. Whisk 3 egg whites until soft peaks form.
3. Continue whisking and add caster sugar one tablespoon at a time.
4. Whisk until mixture is glossy and stiff peaks form.
5. Pipe onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 110°C for 11/2 to 2 hours.
6. Blitz together the strawberries and icing sugar to make the sauce.
7. Whip the double cream until thick and then mix in the Pimms.
8. Fold in the Strawberries and crushed meringue.
9. To assemble coat the inside of you serving glass with the strawberry sauce and the creamy mixture.
10. Garnish with sliced strawberries, crushed meringue and a sprig of fresh mint.