Take a leaf out of Tay Tay's festive recipe book
• 110 grams unsalted butter
• 140 milliliters vegetable oil
• 110 grams caster sugar
• 85 grams icing sugar
• 1 large egg
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 240 grams plain flour
• 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 packet chai tea
• 130 grams icing sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon eggnog
1. Adapted from seventeen.com
2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter on medium for about 1 minute. Add the vegetable oil, caster sugar, icing sugar, egg and vanilla, beating on a medium speed until all incorporated.
4. This is where Tay's personalisation comes in! Cut one chai tea packet open and empty the crushed tea leaves into the batter.
5. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt using mixer set on low.
6. Chill the dough for 1 hour or freeze for 15 minutes so it's easier to handle.
7. Now you're ready to bake! Dollop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto the baking tray about 2 inches apart. Press the dough evenly with your fingers or palm to 1/4-inch thickness.
8. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before eating.
9. Taylor personalised her cookies with her homemade eggnog icing! Just mix your powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and eggnog to create the icing. Then spoon it over your cookies once they've cooled.
10. As a final touch, Taylor sprinkled some cinnamon on top of the cookies.