This is what happens when a pizza and a waffle fall in love 😍
• 300 milliliters warm water
• 25 milliliters warm milk
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
• 7 grams easy bake yeast
• 400 grams '00' flour
• 100 grams semolina
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Eggs, optional
1. In a glass mix together the warm water, milk, olive oil, sugar and yeast and leave for a few minutes until foamy.
2. Add flour and salt into a large bowl and whisk together until incorporated. Make a well in the centre.
3. Pour the foamy wet ingredients into the well and stir together with a wooden spoon. When you can no longer stir the dough, tip it out onto a clean surface and knead for 10 minutes.
4. Grease the large bowl with butter and place the dough back in. Cover with cling film and leave it to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes to an hour or until doubled in size.
5. Once risen, punch down the dough and give it a little knead. Separate dough into desired serving size and heat up waffle iron.
6. Stretch out a piece of dough and place it onto the hot waffle iron. Top with passata and mozzarella and top with more dough.
7. Secure edges as much as possible by pinching the two pieces of dough together.
8. Pull down the lid and cook for 4-6 minutes or until golden.
9. These pizza waffles are best enjoyed straight away. I like to serve mine with an egg, sunny side up. Enjoy :)