Come on baby, let's do the (pesto and cheese) twist
• 1 Garlic clove
• 30 grams Pine nuts
• 30 grams Fresh Basil leaves
• 50 grams Parmesan, grated
• Up to 90 milliliters Extra virgin olive oil
• Salt & Pepper, to taste
• 80 grams Cream cheese
• 1 sheet Puff pastry
• 1 Egg, beaten
• Parmesan to decorate
1. Add pine nuts to a dry pan over a medium/low heat. Cook the nuts until golden brown, stirring frequently. Once golden transfer to a bowl.
2. For the pesto blend together the crushed garlic, toasted pine nuts, fresh basil leaves and parmesan in a food processor.
3. Season with salt and pepper and add almost all of the oil. Blend until well incorporated. Add more oil for desired consistency.
4. In a bowl mix the pesto with the cream cheese until evenly combined.
5. Cut pastry sheet in half short ways and spread pesto over one of the halves leaving a small border around the edge.
6. Place the 2nd half of pastry on top of the pesto half and cut into strips short ways.
7. Place the strips onto a baking tray twisting the strips at the top and bottom.
8. Lightly brush the twists with egg and place in the oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes.
9. Once out of the oven, sprinkle over extra parmesan.