Gluten free AND full of fruit? This can only be from the hand of Miranda Kerr
• 180 grams rolled oats
• 50 grams chopped walnuts
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 85 grams honey
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• 70 grams goats milk yogurt
• 125 milliliters apple juice
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 egg white
• 4 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (I used vanilla extract)
• 2 large organic green apples
• 2 ripe bananas
• Adapted from self.com
1. In a food processor, grind the oats into a flour-like consistency. Add walnuts and grind.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground oats and walnuts, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and chia seeds.
3. In a separate small bowl, lightly beat eggs and egg white. Mix in yogurt and apple juice.
4. In a small pan, mix coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla and honey over low heat until it becomes syrupy then combine with egg mixture. Add wet mixture to dry mixture, and slowly fold in apple and bananas. Heat the oven to 160°C. Line a muffin tray with paper liners or lightly grease your muffin tins and fill 3/4 full. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.