Who said lemon drizzle needs to be a cake? These loaves will change it forever
• 225 grams Self raising flour
• 225 grams Caster sugar
• 225 grams Unsalted butter
• 4 Eggs
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 50 milliliters Lemon juice
• 40 milliliters Lemon juice
• 200 grams icing sugar
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until well mixed and creamy.
2. Sift over the flour and beat until combined.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and mix after each addition.
4. Scrape down the bowl before adding the lemon zest and juice. Mix until combined.
5. Pour into mini loaf tins and place into a pre heated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Leave to cool.
6. For the icing, gradually whisk the icing sugar into the lemon juice until you have your desired consistency and the icing is smooth.
7. Drizzle over the mini loaves.