This is what happens when Jaffa Cakes fall in love with cupcakes!
• 200 grams Plain flour
• 45 grams Cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons Baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 100 grams Soft light brown sugar
• 180 grams Caster sugar
• 80 grams Unsalted Butter
• 240 milliliters Whole milk
• 2 Eggs
• 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
• Buttercream frosting:
• 300 grams Icing sugar
• 100 grams Unsalted Butter
• 40 grams Cocoa powder
• 40 milliliters Whole milk
• To decorate:
• Orange curd
• Mini Jaffa cakes
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees fan.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl beat together the butter and two sugars.
4. In another bowl/jug whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Add half of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix on a slow/medium speed.
6. Pour and mix in half of the wet ingredients.
7. Scrape down your bowl and beat in the remaining dry ingredients followed by the remaining wet ingredients.
8. Once the mixture is smooth, evenly divide it into the cupcake cases.
9. Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes.
10. For the buttercream sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl and beat it into the butter and milk. You may not need to add all the milk.
11. Beat for a good 5 minutes until the icing is paler in colour and is light and fluffy.
12. Cut holes out of the centre of the cupcakes with a knife and spoon in some orange curd.
13. Place the icing into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe swirls onto each cupcake.
14. Decorate with sprinkles and place a mini Jaffa Cake into the buttercream.