Baby got hasselback
• 250 milliliters Warm water
• 1 tablespoon Honey
• 1 Sachet Active dried yeast (7g)
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 430 grams Strong bread flour
• Garlic butter:
• 75 grams Unsalted butter, mostly melted
• 1-2 Garlic cloves, crushed
• Parsley, chopped & to taste
• Cheddar, sliced
1. Pour warm water, honey and yeast into a large bowl and stir. Leave for 10 minutes until cloudy and foamy.
2. Stir salt into flour. Mix flour into the foamy yeast and water small batches at a time and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
3. Once it becomes too difficult to mix, pour dough out onto a clean surface.
4. Knead for about 5-10 minutes until well incorporated and you have a smooth elastic dough. The dough is done when it can form a ball and feels like an ear lobe when you pinch it.
5. Grease dough and place it back into the bowl greasing that with butter too. Cover with clingfilm and leave in a warm place until doubled in size. Around 1 hour to an hour and a half.
6. Once doubled in size, knock back the dough by punching the top. Tip it onto a clean surface and cut the dough in half.
7. Twist each half into a baguette shape and place them onto a baking tray. Cover with clingfilm and leave to rise until doubled in size again. Should take around 40-60 minutes.
8. Place dough into a preheated oven at 180° for 25-30 minutes. Leave to cool.
9. Once cooled cut slices 3/4 of the way through. Fill slices with cheddar and top with garlic butter.
10. For the garlic butter, melt butter in the microwave until almost melted. Stir in crushed garlic and chopped parsley.
11. Place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted and the top is golden.
12. Enjoy :D