Some people call halloumi "vegetarian bacon", it's easy to see why!
• Sweet Potato Fries:
• X2 Sweet potatoes
• Olive oil
• Salt & pepper (to taste)
• Halloumi Sliders:
• X6 Mini buns
• 1-2 packs halloumi
• Red onion, sliced thinly
• Red pepper
• Salad leaves
• Bamboo skewers
1. Cut sweet potato into chips of even size and toss in olive oil, salt & pepper. Spread evenly onto a baking tray.
2. Place into a pre heated oven at 200°C For 30 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Slice Haloumi into 1 centimeter thick slices and brush with olive oil. Place onto a hot griddle pan and grill for 2-4 minutes on each side until golden griddle marks show. To stop the halloumi from sticking occasionally move it side to side.
4. Take halloumi off the heat, add a splash of oil and grill the red peppers until softened and slightly chared.
5. To assemble, Spread hummus onto the bottom bun and top with two pieces of halloumi.
6. Layer red peppers, salad leaves and red onion on top of the halloumi and top with the lid. Secure together with a bamboo skewer.
7. Serve with sweet potato fries.