This Mexican-inspired breakfast is a game changer
• 2 tins chopped tomatoes
• 1 red pepper
• 1 red onion
• 3 large cloves garlic
• 250 grams chorizo
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 4 Burford Brown eggs
• 1 fresh chilli
• 2 dried chillies, whole
• Bunch of coriander
• A handful of butter beans
• 3 shallots
• 1 liter vegetable oil (for deep frying)
• 4 tortillas
• Smoked cheddar cheese
• 2 avocados
• 1 lime
• 2 shallots
• 1 chilli
• Handful coriander
1. Slice the chorizo and fry off in a little olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan/skillet.
2. Add in the red pepper, chopped onion, chilli and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the butter beans and chopped tomatoes and cook down for 20-25 minutes until the mix has reduced and thickened up.
4. Meanwhile, warm through the tortillas in the oven.
5. Make the guacamole by chopping all the ingredients, adding in the lime and mixing through well.
6. For the fried onions, slice the shallot into rings and dust in flour before frying in oil until crispy.
7. After the tomato mix has been cooking for 15 minutes or so, make wells in the mix for the eggs and carefully crack them in and place the lid on. Cook for a few minutes until the eggs are perfectly cooked.
8. Take a tortilla and place the mix within, add in some guacamole and top with fried onions and serve.