Don't throw out your leftover chicken. Try out this Chicken Miso instead.
• 1 leftover roast chicken carcass
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 carrot, thinly sliced
• 1 bay leaf
• 750 milliliters water
• 1 large tablespoon miso paste
• Thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced
• 1 carrot, sliced
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• Handful of baby spinach
• Shredded leftover chicken
• 1 red chilli, chopped
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
• 1 handful coriander
1. Make the stock by adding all the ingredients, bringing to the boil and simmering for 30 minutes and strain.
2. Place the stock into a clean saucepan and add in the ginger and miso paste. Simmer for 3 minutes, before adding in half the spring onion, chilli and carrot and cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the noodles, bring back to the boil and cook as per the time on the packet (usually 2 minutes).
4. Add in the spinach, remaining spring onions and any leftover roast chicken, and season with soy sauce (you may not need it all). Garnish with Sriracha sauce and coriander.