Once you've had this mash-up of a cheeseburger and a cheese toastie, you'll hear the angels sing
• 500 grams mince beef
• 1 pack American cheese slices
• 150 grams cheddar cheese grated
• Thick white bread
• 2 onions
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 50 grams gherkins, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon English mustard
• 50 grams butter
1. Take your beef mince and season liberally with salt and
3. Squash into patties, no larger than the size of your
5. Chop the onions finely and cook out over a low heat
6. Until softened. Add in the sugar and start to caramelise.
7. Fry your patties over a high heat until just cooked -
8. They should be about 1 centimeter thick so this should take no
9. More than 2 minutes on each side. Set these to one side.
10. Take two slices of bread and butter two sides. Smear
11. The other sides in English mustard. Add a patty on top,
12. Along with a sprinkling of gherkins and the caramelised
13. Onions. Top this with plenty of cheese and close the
14. Sandwich so the butter sides are facing out.
15. Either fry one side in a pan with another pan on top to
16. Push down and flip when the cheese melts, OR use a
17. Panini machine or toastie machine to toast the outside.