This under-appreciated steak is a cut above the rest
• 2 8 ounces flank/skirt steaks
• 100 milliliters olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 2 tablespoons honey
• Salt and pepper
• Handful flat leaf parsley
• Handful of mint
• Handful of basil
• 150 milliliters extra virgin olive oil
• 4 anchovy fillets
• 2 tablespoons capers
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1. Make the marinade by mixing the oil, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and salt and pepper and place the flank steak in and leave to marinade for up to 2 hours.
2. For the salsa verde, place the herbs, oil, anchovies, capers, vinegar and mustard in a blender and blitz to a rough sauce and set aside.
3. To cook the steak, place a large griddle pan over a large heat and leave for 5 minutes to heat up. Add oil and when it is smoking intensely, add in the steak and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
4. Remove from the pan and rest, then slice on an angle and serve with the salsa verde.