You probably won't find this in the local boozer. Watch as we prepare the best Scotch egg recipe ever
• 3 ripe avocados
• 4 medium eggs
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 150 grams panko breadcrumbs
• 125 grams clarified butter, melted
• 2 egg yolks
• Splash tarragon vinegar
• Lemon juice and zest
• Cayenne pepper
1. Boil eggs for 4 minutes until soft boiled. Drain in iced water.
2. Half avocados, remove stone and scoop out flesh to create two halves.
3. Peel the egg and ensure it fits in the hole where the stone was.
4. Push the avocado back together, roll in flour then egg
5. And breadcrumbs to coat. Set to one side.
6. For the hollandaise, place a glass bowl over a pan of
7. Lightly simmering water. Add the egg yolks, with the
8. Vinegar, salt and tarragon vinegar. Gradually incorporate
9. All of the butter until the sauce is thick. Loosen with a splash of water if required and add in the cayenne pepper and lemon juice and zest to taste.
10. Deep fry the avocado for 2 minutes until golden and serve alongside the scotch eggs.