Georgia has created the most decadent woodland themed cake. Covered in swiss butter cream and filled with chocolate ganache this trunk cake is sure to impress!
• 8 inch sponge cake
• Spreadable chocolate ganache (200g dark chocolate 200ml double cream)
• Dark chocolate (150g)
• Swiss Meringue (100g egg white, 200g caster sugar) for decorations
• Food colouring and cocoa powder to decorate meringue
• Coloured and green buttercream for flowers and leaves/grass (250g icing sugar, 75g butter, 30ml milk)
1. Make meringue by heating up the sugar and egg whites and whisk.
2. Pipe butterflies and mushroom decorations and cook at 100°C for 30 mins.
3. Make ganache by heating cream and stirring it into the chocolate until it's melted and refrigerate.
4. Crumb coat your cake with buttercream and chill.
5. Cover the chilled cake with a layer of cooled ganache and then create a wood-like texture with a palette knife.
6. Paint over melted chocolate to enhance the wood effect.
7. Decorate with the meringue decorations and coloured buttercream flowers, leaves and grass.