When you said meat free burgers this is what you meant right?
• Pre-baked 6 inch sponge cake, one half in a bowl another in a tin
• Chocolate buttercream/ganache
• Chocolate puff cereal
• Coloured dried apple
• Beige buttercream
• Sesame Seeds
1. Trim down your cake halves until they are the same size in diameter. The rounded top half will act as the the topbun of your burger cake.
2. Add a small amount of brown food colouring to some vanilla buttercream to get a light brown colour that resembles a burger bun. Apply the buttercream to the outside of the base.
3. To create the patty, mix some chocolate buttercream with a chocolate puff cereal and apply straight on top of the base of the cake.
4. To create the lettuce, place your coloured dehydrated apple slices along the edges of the chocolate buttercream.
5. Place the top half of the sponge cake on top of the ‘patty’ and cover in the light brown buttercream.
6. To finish off the burger sprinkle some sesame seeds on the top.
7. Slice some marzipan into long fry shapes a blowtorch them slightly to give them a cooked effect. Serve alongside your burger cake.